WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe the Bible is the verbally and plenary inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infalliable, God-breathed, and therefore, the final authority for faith in life. We believe that God preserved His Word in the English language in the king James Version. Only the King James Version shall be used for teaching and preaching from the pulpit, in all Sunday School Classes and ministries of WOBC.
- We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three person; God the Father, God the Son (who is Jesus Christ; virgin born, willingly sacrificed, and raised from the dead), and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God but that in Adams sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. Man is totally depraved, and of himself is utterly unable to remedy his lost condition.
- We believe that God desperately wishes to have a growing relationship with every man, woman, and child. He offers salvation as a free gift of God to man by grace, which cannot be earned.
- We believe that our relationship with God is restored and salvation from spiritual death is secured by His grace when we put our faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe that God offers eternal life which is secure forever to those that trust in His Son. We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word.
- We believe that it is God’s desire that believers live a holy lifestyle.
- We believe that it is also God's desire that we share the good news about Him with everyone that we can.
- We believe the independent local church was established by God to build up believers and to mobilize them to reach the lost.
Click here to view a copy of our bylaws.